November 06, 2012
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 1/4 tsp. Ground ginger
3/4 tsp. Nutmeg
3/4 cup butter or oil
2 cups packed light brown sugar
1 15 oz. Can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
1 tsp. Vanilla
4 Tablespoon butter or margarine
1 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 Tablespoons milk (or substitute)
2 tsp. Maple extract
1. Whisk together first six ingredients in a bowl. In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter and sugar until fully blended. Mix in eggs. Add pumpkin and vanilla and mix until well combined. Add flour mixture and mix just until fully incorporated.
2. Chill batter for a minimum of 1/2 hr.
3. Preheat oven to 375. Scoop dough with a small cookie scoop onto lined cookie sheets. Bake for 12 minutes. Allow to cool and frost with maple frosting.
4. Heat butter in a small saucepan until it just begins to darken. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Stir well so there are no lumps. As the frosting cools it will thicken, dip cookies in frosting before it is too thick.
NOTE: - If frosting gets too thick, rewarm in microwave for 10 seconds.
- If you do not have maple extract, it will be just as good with vanilla extract.