Seasonings for Roasted Vegetables:
salt, black pepper, garlic powder, olive oil and pinch of sugar
1⁄3 cup water
¼ cup roasted or grilled green and red pepper, cut into ½-inch strips
¼ cup roasted or grilled zucchini, chopped into ½-inch pieces
¼ cup roasted mushrooms, halved
2 cloves roasted garlic, sliced
½ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp white pepper
½ cup grated Cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp butter
1 small shallot, minced
2 tsp dried basil
½ cup feta cheese, in small chunks
1. Prepare roasted vegetables (see below). Let cool.
2. Preheat oven to broil.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and water. Add green and red pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper. Fold in Cheddar cheese. Set aside.
4. In a large non-stick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots and sauté for 4 minutes. Stir in the egg mixture. Sprinkle with the basil. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until eggs are almost set, about 10 minutes.
5. Place chunks of feta cheese on top of the frittata. Place the frittata under the broiler and cook until the top is set and starts to brown, about 3 minutes.
1. Cut and slice vegetables into appropriate sizes. Spread out on a greased baking sheet.
2. Season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, olive oil and a pinch of sugar.
3. Roast at 450° F for about 7 minutes.
ALTERNATE TO ROASTED VEGETABLES: use a bag of Frozen California Blend Vegetables and follow above directions.
NOTE: If using a skillet with a plastic handle, wrap the handle with foil to make sure it doesn’t melt under the broiler.