- In a stand mixer, cream together the margarine, scraped vanilla bean, salt and sugar at medium speed for three minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and continue to beat on medium for another two minutes.
- Separately, combine the flour and baking powder then add to the margarine mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Heat a waffle iron to medium-high and spoon 1 teaspoon of batter into each of the four portions of the iron. Close the top and bake for 2 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the waffle cookies, which are very hot and still soft, to a cooling rack to cool and crisp up.
- Whisk together the confectioners sugar, soy milk, ground vanilla bean and salt.
- Combine the margarine, vegetable shortening and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add the confectioners sugar until the filling comes together.
- Scoop 1-2 teaspoons of the filling on a cooled crunchy waffle cookie and top with a second cookie.
- Drizzle with the vanilla glaze and leave it to set.
To see the full blog post on this recipe at kitchen-tested.com click here.
This recipe was part of a series done using Bakto Flavors Products. To read full article and see other featured recipes using Bakto products click here.