July 25, 2012
To view video on Koshertube.com click here.
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 cup margarine
3/4 cup cold water
1 tsp vinegar
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp dried thyme (optional)
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
1 cup of leeks washed and sliced (you can choose any other combination of vegetables that you like)
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, use your fingers to blend the flour, salt, and margarine together, until small pieces form, and dough looks a bit more yellow.
3. Add the water, vinegar and egg to the mixture and blend together just until dough forms. Be careful not to over-mix the dough. You may have some pieces that are not fully incorporated. Flour the dough and the counter, and roll it out to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness.
4. Place dough in 9-inch spring form pan or anything of equivalent size. There should be some extra dough left-over. Trim sides.
5. For filling: Heat a saucepan with 1 tbsp oil and lightly sautee the mushrooms until they are just softening. For added flavor, add 1 tsp of dried thyme as they cook.
6. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with a fork and then add milk, cream, salt and pepper. Mix and pour into quiche dough. Place the vegetables and mozzarella cheese inside, give it a little mix to spread the vegetables evenly, and bake for 1 hour.