August 13, 2012
1 package turkey shwarma
1/4 cup olive oil
ground black pepper
1 Tbsp soup powder
1 Tbsp shwarma seasoning
1/4 cup water
3 large sliced onions
1. Place the turkey slices in a baking pan.
2. In a bowl mix together the oil, salt, black pepper, soup powder, shwarma seasoning, an water.
3. Pour the mixture over the turkey pieces and marinate in the fridge overnight. (If necessary you can make do with 30 minutes of marination.)
4. Warm the oven to 170°Celsius (340° Fahrenheit). Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 2½ hours or until the turkey meat is soft. Turn the meat over a few times while it is baking.
5. Cool it a bit and then slice it into thin pieces.
6. Heat the oil in a frying pan and then fry the sliced onions for about 15 minutes until they are soft an golden colored.
7. Add the thinly sliced turkey to the frying pan along with ½ cup of the liquid from the baked meat. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Stir the mixture and continue frying for about 5 minutes.
8. Serve in pita with salad and pickles.