4 dinner-sized steaks with the bone in
1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 cups dry red wine
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
1. Preheat a barbecue grill to a mediumhigh heat.
2. Meanwhile, combine the soy sauce, wine, garlic and brown sugar in a large, zip-top bag. Seal and shake to mix the ingredients. Add the steak to the bag, seal and massage the meat until it’s covered with the marinade. Set aside for 15–20 minutes at room temperature.
3. When the grill is ready, remove the steaks from the marinade and shake off any excess sauce, but don’t pat them dry. Reserve the marinade.
4. Grill the steaks on each side for 5–6 minutes, until the exterior is nicely seared. You can also prepare the steaks in an oven preheated to broil. Follow the same timing and directions as for the grill.
5. Let the steaks rest for about 5 minutes before serving. In the meantime, pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat for about 3 minutes, until it becomes syrupy. Drizzle the sauce over the steaks and serve.
This recipe appeared in Kosher Inspired, Issue 5. Kosher Inspired is a product of Mishpacha Magazine.